NLP is about the connection between neurological processes (neuro-), language (linguistic) and behavioral patterns learned through experience (programming). NLP provides the technologies to change these neurological processes, language and behavioural patterns, in order to achieve specific goals in life.
NLP in Life
NLP teaches us that what we remember is only a generalized, distorted and incomplete representation of the real world and its happenings. It is because of this, that our views of the world need to be enriched in a way that all remembered limitations won´t influence new behaviours, thinking and progress.
Using this principle can help in re-evaluating perspectives and decisions, in overcoming fears and anxiety or in imagining and designing future progress.
NLP teaches us to understand our (behavioural) strategies, such as how to motivate ourselves, what we need to be convinced or how we make decisions, and to decipher the sequence and steps of our strategies, so that we can improve them or create better ones.
NLP teaches us about the language patterns that influence our feelings and behaviours and provides us with the possibility to improve our and other peoples lifes tremendously. Language determines our feelings and our behaviours in a powerful way. For example: just think about the difference you feel between the two sentences "I could do this" and "I will do this". Simple words with a very powerful influence.
NLP teaches us that a goal needs to be well-formed. A well-defined goal is the basis for any NLP based change. Conditions for well-formedness define how a Desired State should be formulated. Only when the Desired State is known and well-formed can we evaluate toward true achievement.
NLP in Business
Businesses need people who want to work smarter, not harder. No matter whether you work smarter, aspire to greater success or seek excellence … before you reach your goals, there are a number of things you must get right first. Good isn´t good enough anymore. If you are aiming for average, that is all you will achieve. NLP is a technology that will allow us to see beyond our limits. Who is this for?
- Everyone who uses communication as a means to present, deliver or evaluate.
- Everyone who wants to help, coach or lead others.
- Everyone who believes that there is more out there to achieve.
- Everyone who leads a team, a family or a business.
NLP in Communication
We are constantly communicating, not just verbally but very often through gestures, mimic, body language and behaviour. When it comes to being successful in business, communication is the critical element that fuels our positive relationships. Unfortunately many relationships turn bad, simply because of the lack of effective communication.
While it is important to control ones own communication, it is probably even more important to read the messages, signals and words that we receive from others in the best possible way. But how do we do that?
- How do we know how to interprete a certain response that seems different?
- How do we know what the other person is trying say, when much of it is vague?
- How do we react to gestures and mimic without over-analysing it?
- How do we improve our interactions using our behavioural strategies, patterns and preferences?
Neuro-Linguistic Programming™ (NLP) offers numerous ways to use language in a more effective way. NLP also offers techniques to find out what the other person is really trying to say, without guesswork or interpretation. NLP gives us a model that allows to deconstruct how we interact, analyse and re-construct our behavioural strategies and patterns so that we can be more effective communicators.
NLP in Leadership
Leadership is the practice of motivating, inspiring and developing people. Leaders focus on enabling, developing and encouraging individuals and teams. Leaders drive progress by painting pictures and putting ideas and visions in peoples heads. Leaders talk about new perspectives and how to overcome challenges. Leaders pick you up when you are exhausted and make you feel worthy.
When you ask yourself, "who needs to motivate, inspire and develop people?", then business leaders, sports coaches, parents, teachers but also friends come to mind. In a way, we all are leaders.
In that sense, Neuro-Linguistic Leadership is probably the most exciting application of NLP, because you ...
- Work with language patterns (verbal and non-verbal)
- Focus on our five senses
- Discover how easy it is to control ones state of mind
- De-mystify the whole idea of limiting vs. encouraging beliefs
- Learn how to decipher one´s behavioural strategies and patterns
- Practice defining well-formed desired states and creating great plans
- Use timelines to be imaginative and look beyond the horizon
NLP in Sales
Selling is about adressing good emotions and providing a benefit that will sustain these good emotions. After all, a buyer should have "a good feeling". Facts and arguments are only second when it comes to a successful sales pitch.
- NLP teaches us to create well-formed objectives, something a sales-person can easily adopt as well.
- NLP teaches us that the map is not the territory, meaning that our representation of the world suffers from generalizations, distortions and deletions, leaving us with only a very limited view. A sales person can use NLP to enrich a potential buyers views.
- NLP teaches us about emotions and how to use them in any kind of change process. Most sales will bring about change. NLP will be highly useful in adressing this change, what it means to everyone involved.
- NLP will be a marvelous tool in guiding the sales process when emotions are involved.
NLP in Education
One of the greatest benefits of NLP is, that it teaches you how to control and change your state quickly. It does so, using submodalities that specifically describe memories, which you will then use to apply to a new situation. When you anchor this, it is even possible to quickly recall this memory ... with all its feeling.
Practitioner of NLP use the ways the brain work for the better. Rather than letting the limbic system run wild and dominate our day, one can easily take control back and make sure that it really becomes a good day.
The same is true in learning. We learn best, when emotions are involved. With audio and visual input we only reach up to 30% of our learning potential. Using emotions this gets up to a 100%.
Educators who know about NLP will use the techniques to facilitate more effective and more targeted learning, where the application and transfer is the measure of success.
NLP in Sports
How many times have you looked at yourself and said, “I can do better”. Imagine if you had the focus, the strength of mind and the motivation to train and perform to your maximum. Just think how much better you could perform with increased fitness, strength, suppleness, stamina and skill.
The key to success, to become the athlete you want to be, is the motivation to succeed and the desire to be the best. Using NLP techniques you will feel driven to make the necessary changes to your training and focus your mind during competition.
NLP will transform your state of mind and drive you to succeed ...
- Discover how to take control over your state of mind
- Learn how to replace doubt in your ability with the confidence to strive for perfection
- Be equipped with the positive mindset to see each challenge as an opportunity to become a better you
NLP in Fitness & Health
Imagine the number of people who join a gym or begin an exercise regime with all good intentions and a vision of how they want to look, only to slip back into the old routines all to soon. How many times have you looked at yourself and said, “I must do more exercise”. Have you ever told yourself “I must eat more healthily”.
The key to success, to become the person you want to be, whether you are trying to lose weight or tone up your body, is motivation.
Using the NLP techniques you will feel driven to make the necessary changes in your life. Healthy eating and exercise will become a part of your daily routine.
With each small step...
- You will build your confidence and motivation
- You will define well formed desired goal which you can achieve
- You will see each new day as an opportunity to become a better you.